Shopping for Zebra blinds in Toronto? There’s lots to choose from. If you’ve already started looking through what’s available, you know it’s not a quick process. That’s why we’ve taken the time to put together some tips and advice to help you get the products you’re looking for.
It’s important to understand that all of your windows are a centre point for your rooms. That means that any shades or blinds you pick should be both functional and decorative. Best of all, roller blinds in Toronto have come a long way from the days of your basic mini blind. Today there are literally hundreds of different ways that you can decorate a room with them without spending a lot of money.
Here’s a few notions to help you get started and boxes to check when you’re buying blinds and/or shades.
- Put together a budget. Start by determining whether you’re going to outfit just one or two windows or your entire living space. You can spend more on some rooms and less on others. As a general rule, any window treatments are priced by the size so you’ll pay more for covering bigger windows. There’s also added cost for specialty patterns, fabrics and features as well as custom sizes.
- Consider privacy and light. Go through each room in your house and decide which ones you want to brighten up and which ones you’d rather have darker and more comfortable. Blinds tilt to let light in or out. Shades have different fabric options so they can filter the light or dark in a room. They also give you more control over the brightness that you let into each room. However, you need to pull them completely up or down to let unfiltered sunlight in or maintain your privacy.
- Learn how to measure accurately. Accuracy is key when you are measuring for inside mounted blinds. There are three simple steps. First, measure on the inside of the window frame in three different spots. It’s best to choose the bottom, middle and top. When you’re measuring for the height, take readings on the right, left and in the middle. Write down the longest of these measurements. It’s good to measure the depth of the window so you can fit in the proper blinds.
Zebra Blinds in Toronto Safety Considerations
If you have children and pets, safety is another consideration when you’re buying blinds. It’s best to shop for products that look great and have cordless features. This eliminates the possibility that a child or animal could get tangled up in a cord.
Here’s an interesting statistic. Research says that a full 24% of people are not even aware of the safety hazard and risks of corded blinds. Here’s a few other considerations
- If you need to pick a corded product, you can tuck them over the top of the shades or blinds to keep them out of the reach of children.
- They should also be kept short if you’re going to have them around at all. The continuous loop variety should be fixed to a floor or wall.
- Make sure that furniture like cribs and beds are moved far away from windows.
With that out of the way, you can incorporate your decorating style into the shopping experience. Are you looking for casual or formal blinds and shades? Should they be chic or comfortable? People looking for a fun or dramatic splash should go with bold colours.
Do you have one room that’s painted in earthy neutral colours? Then roller blinds in Toronto with subtle hues are the perfect choice.
Regardless of the type you finally decide on, blinds supply excellent style and versatility. They create a variety of different moods and looks using fabrics, patterns and textures. Other features include tiltable slats. These can be adjusted to let in different amounts of sunlight. They offer a clean custom fit that is handsome and provides lots of privacy.
Wide horizontal slats create an interesting illusion of more space in small rooms and apartments. They make your windows look bigger in any space. Vertical blinds are the right choice for windows that have more width than height.
Shades and blinds are the most common type of window treatment. They control the light it gets into any room and supply an elegant appearance. One of the last things you need to think about when you are buying these products is the purpose.
Take a look at your lifestyle to decide which features mean the most to you. Are you looking for light control or privacy? Maybe choosing stylish window treatments is your number one priority.
Remember, choosing the right Zebra blinds in Toronto can change the look of any room and help you to save on heating bills at the same time.