Finding the right Zebra blinds in Oakville can be challenging at first. There are many different designs, colours options and patterns to look through. Even after you’ve gone through that process proper maintenance and cleaning of roller blinds in Oakville is important.
Here’s a beginners guide to helping you care for and clean these shades.
The first step is putting together all the things that you’ll need. There’s no need to worry, most of these items you can find in your kitchen. They include things like:
- baking soda or dishwater liquid
- a microfiber cloth and/or a sponge
- warm water and a vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment
Your blinds might only need a simple dusting. That’s where the microfiber cloth or special brush tool comes in handy. The blinds should be left open and you can dust them from the top working your way down to the bottom.
This method is best so the dust falls and you can push it toward the bottom of the blind. When you are done, you can use your vacuum cleaner to clean up what’s fallen onto the carpet or floor. It’s possible to use a vacuum cleaner with brushing attachment to clean the blinds too. Just remember to use a low suction setting.
If you’re zebra blinds in Oakville are fairly dirty, you might need to use a microfiber cloth and some warm water with mild soap. This method can help get rid of residue and grease as well as any stubborn dust.
More Insider Hacks for Cleaning Zebra Blinds in Oakville
- Clean your blinds on a regular basis to avoid any kind of buildup. If you can’t find a microfiber cloth, you can use an old sock.
- If you need to do a bit of spot cleaning, you can use a bowl with dishwashing liquid that’s been filled with warm water. Make sure to use a dry cloth to wipe away any excess moisture after you’re done.
- You need to be aware that any window cleaner you use on your window panes can damage your blinds. Rather than spray it directly through the blinds onto the window, put some on a cloth so you can clean the window glass directly.
- Take a few minutes to clean your ceiling fans as part of your routine. Dust can collect on the blades and get flung across the room onto your zebra blinds in Oakville.
- Don’t forget to change your furnace filters on a regular basis. This helps to provide a good air quality in your home and cut down on the dust level.
Preventing Accidents While Cleaning Your Blinds
You might need to use a ladder to clean your blinds. Research tells us that more people are hurt by ladder related injuries than any other kind of DYI equipment. While most roller blinds in Oakville can be reached while standing on the floor, here’s a few precautions if you need to use this equipment.
- Make sure that you are using the right height ladder. Overreaching or standing on the top two rungs is a quick way to an accident. The top two steps on a step ladder should be off-limits when you’re cleaning blinds inside. The same goes for the top three rungs of any extension ladder if you need to use one.
- Use a rope or toolbelt to haul cleaning supplies up and down if you’re working on blinds over a front door or on the landing as you go up a flight of stairs. This leaves your hands free to hold onto the ladder as you climb.
Benefits of Window Blinds
Window blinds are a versatile option for just about any window in your home or office. There are a few big benefits regardless of the type you choose.
They Are Efficient
They add to the energy efficiency of your house and help lower your utility bills. By trapping air against your windows, window blinds act as insulation that make it easier to cool or heat the space.
They Are Safe
This is also a safe choice. Today’s window blinds are made with the highest safety standards and you can get motorized and cordless blinds that are remote controlled.
They Control The Light
Roller blinds in Oakville are an effective way to control the light that comes into any room because the slats can be moved up and down. They offer a customized way to allow lighting and control your privacy at the same time. You can allow light in by tilting them upwards without allowing to look inside.
Zebra blinds in Oakville are easily maintained. They usually only need some dusting and spot cleaning and it’s not necessary to take them down from the window to do any of that. Get in touch with us at Nifty Blinds today to look through our comprehensive inventory.